Roger Dubuis today is a Maison that dares to be rare in the expression of its serial innovator mindset, and in its selection of limited editions. An active reference in the world of Disruptive Materials and High Complications, the Maison has developped 33 exclusive in-house mechanical calibres since the company's creation. One of the pioneers of the contemporary skeleton, Roger Dubuis is a strong player in the field of Hyper Horology.
Marked with the foundation of the Roger Dubuis company and the launch of the first collections.
The Roger Dubuis company designs and produces its first in-house movements, all certified with a prestigious Poinçon de Genève.
The year marks the construction of the impressive Manufacture building on the outskirts of Geneva. The Manufacture is a spectacular building featuring glass walls that reflect the timepieces made within: an audacious and confident exterior that houses complex and sophisticated mechanisms.
Roger Dubuis Manufacture produced its first in-house watch regulating organ: the sprung balance.
A significant year for Roger Dubuis brand with a series of innovations. The iconic collection – Excalibur – is launched and the Manufacture develops two innovative & exclusive calibres in the world of Haute Horlogerie: the world premiere double tourbillon skeleton (RD01SQ) and minute repeater tourbillon (RD08).
A new chapter in the history of the Roger Dubuis brand, as it becomes a part of the Richemont group. Richemont Group acquires 60% of the company. A few years later, in 2016 the group acquired the remaining 40% of Roger Dubuis.
2011 - 2015
A chain of striking innovations marks this period. Roger Dubuis launches a series of collections and outstanding calibres. Quatuor RD101 is one of them, the first movement with four sprung balances and 5 differentials, a new approach to compensate the Earth's gravity. The iconic Excalibur collection sees numerous evolutions in the form of Excalibur 36, Excalibur 42, and a new interpretation of the skeleton watch – Excalibur Spider.
The Maison focuses on two key collections:
The Excalibur collection features a powerful aesthetic and several exceptional mechanisms. Our deliberately extravagant Excalibur timepieces push the boundaries of traditional watchmaking with striking avant-garde design.
The Velvet collection features a glamorous design and exquisite mechanisms. Contemporary and seductive, the Velvet collection exudes exceptional charisma and cultivates the art of the extravagant.
Roger Dubuis takes the fast track with the introduction of world premieres: Excalibur Spider Carbon, the timepiece with the first-ever movement plate, bridges, and tourbillon upper-cage entirely made in carbon - and Excalibur Quatuor Cobalt Micromelt® using exclusive technology from the aeronautic and astronomy industries.
At the same time, Roger Dubuis joins forces with 2 great references in motorsport. Visionary engineers of Pirelli and Lamborghini Squadra Corse and incredible watchmakers of Roger Dubuis work side by side to create magnificent new timepieces – Excalibur Aventador S and Excalibur Spider Pirelli.
Excalibur Aventador S leads the pack by reinterpreting five essential elements of high-performance racing cars resulting in innovative features that protected by five corresponding watchmaking patent filings by Roger Dubuis.
Co-founder Roger Dubuis passed away in October 2017.
Roger Dubuis goes for the next lap with its motorsport partners by joining the race at Lamborghini Super Trofeo in the role of official sponsor, and launching new watchmaking engine Excalibur Huracán in collaboration with Lamborghini Squadra Corse. Continuous collaboration with Pirelli evolves into the Excalibur Spider Pirelli PitStop edition where the Excalibur Single Flying Tourbillon model is equipped with 7 straps echoing the seven Pirelli tyre colors used in iconic races.